Monday, May 19, 2014

Regress, Progress and a Big Ol' Mess

We are in a difficult stretch right now. We are one family living two separate lives. The Hubs and my son are still living the "old life", while my daughter and I are living our "new life". It is very difficult to feel connected as a family.

As far as our "new life" I'm finding myself regressing a bit with my commitment to nutrition and fitness. I'm falling into old trappings of eating out, sleeping in and putting off the workouts. Regress.

My new job is going well. I think I will never run out of things to learn. It is exciting and fulfilling. At the same time, The Hubs is handling the "old life" like a boss! The boys have their "new normal" and he has a sidekick that helps him with all "gotta sell this house" type of projects. Progress.

As part of selling the house, there is the complication that we aren't simply packing up location A and moving to location B. We have the added dilemma of needing to put 85% of our house into storage. Figuring out what you still need to live for the next few months, what gets moved to Alabama, what gets stored and how all of if gets out of the house is one Big Ol' Mess

No comments:

Post a Comment