Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Scariest Part

So yesterday I was completely freaked out about my overdue return to Capital City CrossFit. In fact by the time I made it to the 4:30 class – this was the mental “Scary Door” picture I had in my head before walking into C3.




But instead of being scary – I was immediately welcomed by this.


Okay – not exactly rainbows and unicorns, but I was immediately welcomed back into the fold. Zack even almost smiled at me. Probably not so much about my return – but had more to do with the fact that I was handing him money. But I’ll take it J


The truth is – because of not being able to go to C3 for 3+ weeks, I had worked myself into quite a frenzy about returning. I'm happy to report that it was all much ado about nothing. After some quick hellos with fellow CrossFitters – it was down to business as usual. Since I had been gone for a while – Brian worked with me to ensure form and proper weights for my back squats. I happily grabbed the grey band for pull-up assists – and I’m so glad I did – b/c there were a million of them. I can’t lift my arms today – but that’s okay – I feel awesome! Awesomely sore – yes – but happy to have faced my fear to just walk back into the box. I’m sure I’m not the only one that has ever had life work get in the way of working out. I’m just happy to report that the hardest part of yesterday – was simply walking through the door.  

No comments:

Post a Comment